7.15.2010

suck-ups are invincible

I am a suck-up, I admit that.

What's wrong with being one?

I have realized long ago the potency of being obsequious to people who require you to be. It's commensalism in the professional world. They get what they want from you and you in turn gain approval. And isn't that just wonderful? To be approved of all the time?

The term is an irony. Gaining the approval of people who matter in the professional world has so many advantages.

1. You get to be given tasks that other people would so easily beg off to do.
2. As a favorite, you have unfair advantage over other employees to be assigned thank-you-you're-welcome jobs and tasks.
3. Undeniable power has been bested upon you when you chose to be a suck-up: the power to learn new developments in school so you can have time to prepare for the future tasks.
4. You will be rewarded by invisible, mighty hands.
5. Suck-ups are invincible because of the above-mentioned advantages.

I could speak of the many other advantages that gregarious suck-ups have earned for themselves but my vision is being clouded.

Can someone tell me why?

No comments:

Post a Comment