7.13.2010

the cycle has bound us*

Nothing in the world ever really changes.

Think about it when we change, others change. So aren't we just counteracting one another's changes?

I don't know but I've always believed that what we become is just an enhancement of what you used to be. That I do not consider change.

And like cosmetic surgery enhancements, these improvements we made in our physical, psychological, and social presenting selves may sag, rot, or revert to its original form.

As water becomes vapor and becomes precipitation and back, so is our pitiful lives. We struggle to move straight ahead. All this time we have been circling around the same path. We move around the same circular path, though we move places. But we remain in the same circular motion.

If one desires to achieve authentic change, then stop rotating about the same axis. Move crisscross. Up and down snakes and ladders. Spiral down or up. Swivel. For other motion paths, refer to PowerPoint presentation custom animations.

Seriously though, I find so far our human existence whimsical yet cyclical. I remember one song of Imago - which inspired the title of this blog - that goes: "The cycle sees. The cycle flows. The cycle binds us."

Perhaps we are really caught up in between this conspiracy to make us believe that we can really change.

I don't know now. Do we change? Do we just improve and after some time falter?

I wish I can answer those questions now.

No comments:

Post a Comment