7.08.2010

Some Pretty Annoying Things

I usually enjoy the company of myself and am very nonchalant to so many things around me. But several things annoy me when dealing with other people to do business, to ask them questions, or simply to interact with them.

1. Queues for FX taxis - I count from the first person in line to where I am. Fourth. Great I can sit in the middle seat or the seats at the back. The pollution-dirtied white FX taxi arrives. The barker yells "Tikling." Slowly, I walk and follow conscientiously the first three persons in front of me so they could choose where they'd like to sit. Suddenly, the next six people divert from the line and find another way to get in the FX taxis. I stand there in front of the door for the middle seat, wondering why I am the second to the last person to board. To my dissatisfaction, I retorted, "Ang tatanda na ho natin hindi pa rin tayo marunong sumunod sa pila" (We are all old enough yet we haven't learned how to respect the line).

2. Customer Relations Workers who are not so "relational." - Last June 30, 2010, I was in PowerPlant Mall's Rustan's Supermarket. I bought grapes and C2 Envidia so I'd have something to eat and drink while I watch Eclipse. I was short of change so I had to pay the cashier 100 pesos instead of giving her a smaller amount. The bill totaled to 61.50. She asked me if I had 50 cents but I said, "No, I don't have. I already paid it to someone else." Then she pressed that button, the cash register opened and she handed me two 20-peso bills. "Miss, sorry. Is this okay?" I humbly ask her. She replies rudely and with angst, "Sanay naman na kami" (We are used to this). "Ay sorry naman. Nakakahiya sa piso, (Oh I'm sorry. I feel bad for the peso)" I jokingly replied. No reaction. I brushed it aside for awhile but as I stepped on the escalator, I realized I couldn't simply let the moment pass by like that. I go back to Cashier No. 12. As I briskly walked back to her, I took out my coin purse and looked for a peso. I took it out. Slammed it on the metal platform and rudely told her, "O, eto piso. Baka kung ano pang masabi mo. Bastos ka" (You might say something bad about this so here's the peso. You b*tch) (not the actual proper translation but that's what I would have said in English). Then I immediately proceeded to the Customer Service desk and reported the cashier. The manager apologized and I am pretty sure she got a healthy dose of reminders and was reprimanded for what she had done to me.

(to be continued...)

2 comments: