7.07.2010

slow-paced walks

After a tiring day composed of three and a half hours of teaching, and 3 hours of preparation for our PAL Parents' Orientation and 2 and a half hours of orientation, a great workout would end it best.

I am forgoing working out for the moment as I haven't paid the monthly dues yet hahaha.

So I just decided to walk around Megamall. I usually walk briskly but because of spare time I have, I walked slower than my usual space. I appreciated the tapping of my leather shoes on the tiled floors of the mall, how the lighting in the mall always makes you feel that it's already late in the evening. Slowing down was very relaxing.

Most of the time we feel rushed. This fast-paced, technology, wifi-driven world has all of us on a leash. At the mercy of technology, we all run, walk, talk, think as fast as we could that sometimes we forget to appreciate the stillness of our breaths, the quiet ticking of analog watches, the warm-cold zephyr of Manila.

I shall walk in a slower pace form time to time to make me see the wonders of the world again. So that I may appreciate the intelligence of a silent nod and the warmth of a simple embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment