8.09.2010

looking back

Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!
I remember reading this book when I was in first year college - the time when I was struggling to be accepted by my peers despite my weight (I'll talk about this some other time). Apart from this struggle, family problems and dysfunctional matters in my life dawned on me that the best escape was to just lock myself in my room.

On the verge of suicide, I had to find ways to cope with all these stressors. I didn't want to die 200 lbs. heavy. I have got to do something about this, I told myself.

The book above was of great help that time. I was able to challenge myself to be always positive and to stay stable even when everything in my life is on the rocks. Of course, God was of great help. Help and support from my two sisters and my mom was a great dosage of upper as well.

I couldn't find my copy of this book anymore. But I guess the title is the mantra now.

Just hang in there. The cliff is not exactly excited to let you go. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment