10.24.2011

birthday thanksgiving prayer*

Not many people know that I am very spiritual and prayerful. Well here is a chance to make more people informed.


Thanksgiving Prayer

Almighty Father,

Your omnipotent divinity is worthy of praise and gratitude. Let me take this chance, dear Lord, to give thanks for the wonderful and eternal blessings that I receive from your providence:

For the mornings that welcome me with gladness, beauty, freshness, and renewed promises;
For the transportation that takes me to wherever I need to go and back to my home;
For coworkers who I laugh, eat, bond, cry, sing, complain, and appreciate with every single day at work;
For administrators who never cease to inspire me to strive for excellence and who continuously urge me to faithfully fulfill the mission you have bestowed on me;
For my students whose victories and failures never fail to fire up my desire to continuously educate, advise, and form them to become the citizens I dream them to be;
For friends whose unceasing love, support, and care keep us sane and alive, whose advice serve to keep me grounded;
For family and loved ones who I can always turn to and will never judge us in spite of and despite myself, whose love sustain my struggle to become the best that I can be;
For trials - physical, psychological, emotional, mental, and financial - that serve to remind me of my humanity;
For the tears I have shed over personal and professional failures that have cleansed my heart and renewed my spirit;
For every single moment and breath that remind me that I am your child, that I can find shelter and haven in your arms, that I am special despite my shortcomings, that I am here for a purpose, and that is to fulfill your mission of education and evangelization.

When I found myself lost, five years ago, Father, you made the way clear for me. Remind me always, Lord, that instead of asking 'Why am I here?' or 'Why is this happening?,' I should ask 'Where are you taking me, God?' for it is only with your guidance that I will have certainty amid the many uncertainties.

Lord, thank you for this life. May this simple thanksgiving suffice. Amen.

*I read this prayer during the October Faculty Mass when I was tasked to prepare the Thanksgiving Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment