9.24.2010

I need my peripateia now

The past few months, well actually this whole year has been one heck of a year for me.

2010 had a lot of promises and that seemed positive for me but never quite turned out the way I was expecting them to. They were tragedies in disguise.

The year began with my favorite dog's death and the big relocation. A few months after that, I was assigned to do work which until now I don't know if I am going to be paid for. Thanks for the assignment but this is becoming more stressful than what I had hoped for. Why am I receiving undue and uncalled for stress?

Then when I received our medical examination results, the school doctor told me that my heart has doubled up its size from last year. And just recently, I have been feeling signs of heart attack. If it comes, I just pray that it won't happen while I am teaching. I don't want to give my students a stressful and traumatic event to recall.

After receiving the results, a few weeks after, my mom was arrested in Bahrain because of the lunacy of his former employer who just wanted to see her penalized for mocking his pride. Well, this is probably the only one that was somehow solved.

And the next few months would not turn out better for me as well. Yes, there are good days but they are outnumbered by the tragic days. I don't want to recall them one by one. I am not yet ready to face these hamartias.

So many tragedies. Where is my peripateia? I need an extremely large dosage of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment